Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend

This weekend Celia and I gave Pete a weekend to himself, well almost a whole weekend.  We arrived back around 11:30 today.  Friday evening I took Celia to Pete's parents.  She was actualy wonderful driving up despite some traffic.  We had fun, so honestly I did not mind the Friday rush hour traffic at all.  We stopped at Panera's for dinner and the manager was wonderful.  At this Panera's, you have to walk up to the counter to get your order when your little disc thing starts vibrating.  He had already caught our eye and the fact that I was by myself with a 2 year old.  He basically met me mid way and said, I will get your food.  He put the food on our table and then when we were done he helped to clean up.  At Panera's you have to put your trash, including your uneaten food in the trashcan and then put your dishes on the top of the can.  Okay most of you know what you have to do at Panera's- but for those that don't, I explained it!  It was a great help.  Celia was a bit loud at the restaurant, but from what I could tell no one cared. 
She was super excited when we got to Grandma and Grandpas and went to bed a bit late- but wouldn't you know, she woke up at 5:45!!  I had a great time that evening watching the Olympics with Pete's family and knitting.  I finished Celia a scarf and started another one.  On Saturday we took Celia to the Hands on House.  She had a blast, but the place is so small and gets crowded very fast.  I am thinking about doing a membership but I am a little frustrated at how really crowded it gets.  In anycase Celia had an amazing time.  She had so much fun playing with Grandma and Granny during the afternoon too.  I got to go for a 40 min. run too!!  Everytime I sat down and wasn't involved with Celia (which was often because she was very occupied by Grandparents and Greatgrandparents) I was knitting so my scarf is 3/4 of the way done.  The reason I report that is that I have been trying to learn to knit for many, many, many, years.  I finally got it!!  Of course, I have no clue how to purl.  That is about 10 years down the road.  Saturday evening I had some more fun watching the Olympics with Pete's family.  Oh prior to that we watched some Thomas the Tank Engine with Celia.  Goodness gracious is that a brutal show.
So today we played with Grandma and Grandpa some more and then headed on home.  Celia was so tired that I thought she would certainly fall asleep on the way home.  But she stayed awake, not all that happy, but not bad at all.   I didn't get very much accomplished as far as work on household things done- but that can be for another weekend. 
I certainly would do it again!  Thank you for a great weekend Grandma and Grandpa!!  Hopefully Grandpa can send some photos as I forgot my camera.

No comments: