Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meatless March

Mostly Meatless March

Okay so I literally spent the entire day cooking for some meals for Meatless dinner March.  We are not going completely meatless, just for dinners and we are going to eat fish.  It is just something different!!  My husband isn't really on board, so we might be adding in a day of meat.  This also doesn't include going out or ordering in meals!

So the freezer is packed.  I made

Cheesy Burritos (2 )
Enchildas (1 with leftovers)
Veggie Potpie with sweet potato crust (at least 3 meals)
Veggie Lasagna (2)
Stuffed Shells (2)
Manicotti (2)
Tomato Orzo Soup (2 with leftovers)
Calzones (2 with extra)
Extra noodle lasagna (1)

So one day of cooking and 17 meals, not bad.  Of course the problem with bulk cooking is that you might make a large quantity but it is multiples of the same food.  My husband doesn't love leftovers and repeat meals have to be used sparingly.

So for this week:
Week 1
Monday- Cheesy Burritos with salsa on the side and corn/ rice as sides
Tuesday- Veggie Potpie
Wednesday- Manicotti
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Leftovers (yes I am trying this twice, this week!)
Saturday-  out/ Grilled Cheese and tomato soup
Week 2
Sunday- Fish, maybe Cod
Monday- Eggplant Parmesan (if I can find an eggplant, Giant was out this week!!)
Tuesday- Veggie Lasagna
Wednesday- Tomato Orzo Soup
Thursday- Spaghetti
Friday- Leftovers
Saturday- Out/ Eggs
Week 3
Sunday- Trader Joe's Crabcakes
Monday- Susie's Enchilada Bake with Lime Rice
Tuesday- Calzones
Wednesday- Stuffed Shells
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Perogies
Saturday- out/ Grilled Cheese and soup
Week 4
Sunday- Veggie Lasagna
Monday- Veggie Potpie
Tuesday-Roasted Veggies and Cannelini Beans with Feta Cheese
Wednesday- Cheesy Burritos
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Boboli Pizza
Saturday- Calzones/ out
Sunday- Portabello Mushroom Burgers

I am going to end it that Sunday since midweek it will be April.  I could still plan it all the way through.  So this is just a preliminary menu.  With this, I hopefully will not have much of a grocery bill because I won't have much to buy.  I also have a Quiche that I should use up so I need to find a spot to put that on the menu.  It might go on this Friday.  I have less then $200 to spend for groceries for the rest of the month (that is my budget).  Ideally I would like to see if I could stay $50 under this month.  We will see!!  I am excited to see that I will still have leftover food in the freezer after the month.  

No comments: