Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our New Stroller

I have been researching double strollers for a long time and searching craigslist almost daily for a used one of these, for under $300:


BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller

I never found it... Nor did I see any great alternatives.  I have the Single Bob and it is amazing.  So I settled with this



Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller
It is the Baby Trend Vision and it is less then $200, fairly good for a double jogger.  We received it in the mail awhile ago and is not a Bob.  The storage is great in the stroller, there is a storage area underneath that is divided in two.  That is a bit of a pain, but then I don't plan on carrying anything really big under there but really it would have been nice for it to be one big compartment.  There is a pocket in each of the seats that would hold a drink, just like in the BOB (though not as sturdy).  There is a pocket on the back of each of the seats, however not really useful in the reclined position which Audrey's will be in for a long time!  But that goes for any stroller.  There is also a parent cup and container caddy that can be attached to the handle bar.  Personally I didn't see any need for it so I didn't put it on.

Celia fits in the seat well although it is a bit narrow but as far as height goes, she has plenty of room.  The canopy tilts up and down to protect against the sun but will likely not protect a child from the rain the way the BOB does.  I have to keep comparing it to a BOB, I really do.  That said, I don't take the kids out in the rain, unless we get caught in a storm.  As far as how it rides, well the shocks are not like the BOB.  Taking it on rough terrain means the kids well feel it, but I think it would handle it for a short distance- for instance to cross a small path, etc.  You do feel like you are pushing two kids, honestly the BOB does not feel a great deal different when I am pushing Celia vs Audrey in it so I can only imagine that their duallie is the same way.

I started this post a month ago, when we first got the stroller.  I wanted to test it out for awhile before I wrote about it.  Well....  the wheel wobbled and on the stroller are directions to tighten a nut if the wheel wobbled.  We did this, still a tiny slight wobble but nothing huge.  I contacted the company though because I wanted some suggestiongs.  It was suggested that I inspect the wheel and some other things and keep it in the fixed positions when walking fast or running.  Keeping it fixed is a pain, you have to tilt it backward to turn, but I figured that was what I was going to have to do.  So I took it out for a walk about 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden the front wheel flew off.  No kidding.  I am 2 1/2 miles from home and the wheel is off, and the kids slammed down to the ground.  Well I got the wheel back on, it came off a few more times on the way home.   I contacted the company and I had to actualy call them back the next day as no one returned my call but they sent me a repair kit fairly fast.  They evidently don't even make the quick release wheel that I have anymore due to issues, hmm... then why are you still selling it!!  We took the double stroller to a park yesterday and so far so good.  I am not convinced yet that it won't be returned to the store at some point soon but if it rides like it did yesterday without issue then I am okay with it.  The only other complaint I have is that occassionally the back wheel will stick when I first try to push it. 

Would I reccommend this stroller?? Nope.  It does the job, it isn't a bad stroller.  But it is definately not worth the issues that I have had. 

No comments: