Thursday, May 5, 2011

I am 2

The other day I found myself begging my 3 1/2 year old in a very whiney voice "Please, please, please just go down and see Daddy and let me go back to sleep".  It is almost humiliating to have to do such a thing.  Audrey is getting better at sleeping but my body is so sleep deprived that the few nights that I am now getting 6 total hours is just not enough.  I need at least a week of 8 hour nights.  I have spent nearly 6 months getting more nights with less then 4 hrs of sleep then not.  I find myself forgetful, dizzy, blurry eyed, and irritable on more days then not.

So... when Celia pops into my room at 6 am when I just fell asleep again at 5:30 I wake up feeling as if I have the flu, honestly.  My body is screaming at me, go back to sleep, go back.  But Celia is screaming at me "Mommy, mommy, where's my balloon, hey Mommy I have to go potty".  She leaves, I sigh, then she returns and I find myself actualy whining again, me, I am a grown up and I am whining like a little kid.  "Celia, please go and see Daddy, I need to go back to sleep".  Of course I know at this point it really doesn't matter, I am up.  It takes me a good 30 min. to fall back to sleep and I have to be up at 7 am anyhow.  So she has returned to go potty in my bathroom, why, I have no clue, but she does.  I get the pleasure of wiping her tushey.. Fun times.  Then she decides to go down and visit Daddy.  Ahh... I settle back into my comfy bed, thinking I can just relax for 20 min and maybe that well help.  Audrey decides to wake up exactly 2 seconds after my head hits the pillow.  Is this some cruel joke?  Really???

I also have enjoyed my almost daily wake up calls around 2 or 3 am by Celia yelling at me that I did not check on her prior to going to bed.  She is asleep when I do but even if she is not, she doesn't remember me checking on me.  So I get the pleasure of being yelled at in the middle of the night.  This particular night she did not get up at all, I guess she had to make up for it in the morning.

 I have decoded that the next time she wakes me up I am going to throw a tantrum.  I an going to scream and kick my legs in the middle of the night.  Perhaps that will shock her enough to just trust that I do check on her.

No comments: