Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Week Menu

Writing this on my blog has really helped me have a reference for my recipes.  So even though very few people are reading it, at least it is helping me!!

Sunday- Falafel- I will let you know how this works out.  Evidently it needs to go with some yogurt cucumber sauce.  I am not a cucumber fan but am going to give it a try.
Monday- White Bean Stew (frozen)
Tuesday- Pork Chops- likely just baked with a simple sauce on top
Wednesday- Spaghetti and Turkey meatballs ( I really want to start making my own meatballs)
Thursday- Wegmans Barbecue Brown Sugar Marinated chicken breasts
Friday and Sat- Perogies/ out- not sure which we are doing on either day
Sunday- Whole chicken- cooked either in crockpot or oven (simple garlic, in variety of herbs)
Monday- Crescent Chicken- okay so not super low fat but we do not eat this type of food often
Tuesday- Blue Cheese Meatloaf- (freezer)
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- Raviolis
I forgot.  We are headed out of town for the weekend for my niece and nephews birthdays.  Ultimately though on this weekend it either snows or someone gets sick- so here is my back up plan!!!
Friday or Sat- Taco Soup
Sunday- Lasagna- I make a really good non-crockpot lasagna, but I have tried anything like this in the crockpot yet.

Muffins for breakfast


So as I look at it, I am not completely clear about some meals.  I am just not as into the meal planning for the next two weeks.  I need to have a freezer weekend!  I have my menu folder and two cookbooks around me and really I didn't go exploring. 

I would like to do a Meatless March dinners but Pete is absolutely kicking and screaming about it.  But I think it would be fun to try.  Celia for the most part turns up her nose at meat at home (for some reason, she will eat it in her lunch at school- you know the same meat the night before that she wouldn't touch).  Who knows if we will do it.  Oh and I am also looking for some recipes for granola bars/ cereal bars.

No comments: