Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Hey didn't I just write about snow?? We haven't really had the snowiest of winters as they predicted, which is really irritating me. However last night it snowed then we had freezing rain, making a great combination for school closing. Pete didn't have off, which he sometimes does. Now we need to have 3 more snow days. It isn't the kind of snow that Celia would enjoy, okay she hates the stuff, but it is covered in a layer of ice so you get the picture.

In anycase I was happy to have a day off because I am beyond stressed and exhausted. I have been staying up late doing school work and well honestly just staying up late. Then Celia has been getting up at least 1x a night. Last night she did not get up however she decided it was time to wake up at 4:30 am. So I put Celia down for a morning nap at 8 am and I settled in for a nap, something that I rarely do. I drifted off after about 20 min, then about 30 min. later my neighbor calls me to throw out my keys and he will move my car for me. I woke up suddenly and made a mad dash for the phone so that it didn't wake Celia. But I really wasn't fully awake and I had to think about the request, I was semi incoherent for Brian. Then I knew what he was talking about. So I threw my car keys out and realized there was no way I was going to sleep and there was also no way I was going to let Brian see my messy car. My car is a wreck and I am embarassed by it but currently I don't have the time to clean it out. I keep my house clean, the car just doesn't get clean. Oh, why do I have to move my car?? Well we live in a town house and we move our cars to the other side of our parking lot (not far at all) so that the plow will get our parking spaces. So I threw on some clothes, hat, coat, etc. and joined in the fun of clearing my car (Brian did most of the work). Celia's favorite person came out, Amber- Brian's 7 year old daughter and I threw a snow ball at her, and it landed right on her mouth. Ooops!! She thought it was funny and I cleared it off of her.

Celia woke up about 5 min. after I came in and we had some fun. We did some building, ate some fishies and then later some "unch", she took a ride on a blanket while I pulled it, we danced, we looked up elmo on the internet, we read some of the "Happiest Toddler on the Block" while it was upside down, Celia read the instructions to our Swivel sweeper, and we read some books. Oh she wore a bowl on her head for a long time, went poopy on the potty. Don't get too excited about the last thing, it was just a coincidence and Celia looked at me like I was a nut when I started clapping and congratulating her for going poopy in the potty. We aren't toilet training but she sits on the potty, usualy without a diaper, when I go to the bathroom.

Okay will I should end this so I can do some school work. Yesterday was a frustrating day. My phone was broken in my classroom, my computer stop working, and they kept calling me on the loudspeaker which I can't hear because there is no speaker in my room. I had to keep running into the Early Intervention office to borrow someone's phone. So hopefully things are fixed tomorrow.

No comments: