Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The School Year

So as much as the coming school is causing my insomnia to become worse, and worse I did find out my assignment today and I am a little excited. I don't want to leave Celia at all and it is going to break my heart. However as everyone knows the economy stinks and it would be irresponsible if I didn't try to go back to work so that we don't keep dipping into our savings. The plan as it stands right now is to return to work for one year and then stay home with Celia and perhaps a future bean. Plans change though as we all know!!

So my assignment is Developmental Kindergarten. It is a diagnostic classroom in which children ages 5 to 7 are placed when they really don't know where they are going to fit. They range in ability but will very likely all be higher functioning then my previous students. My classroom- brace yourselves for those of you who are familiar with issues at my school- will have a bathroom and running water, no portable sinks. At least that is what my Supervisor thought the room was equipped with, and I think she is right as I have been in that wing of the building. Currently there are only 4 kids in the classroom, I can have up to 12, I will likely only have 6. This is an age range that I know I will enjoy and the fact that the classroom might have lower numbers for awhile will likely make the work load less to start.

Celia is also starting daycare of course at the same time so we both will have adjustments to make. If either one of us can not adjust then we will revisit the situation.

Now my always follow the routine husband... He has some adjustments to make too. As I will need him at home to help some mornings. I have faith in him. But getting all of us out of the house by only a few minutes after 7 is going to be hard. Perhaps not that hard if Celia continues to want her wake up time between 4:30 and 5!!

No comments: