Friday, June 7, 2013

Reptile Learning box


I decided that I wanted to try to make some themed learning boxes.  I am not sure if it was the biggest hit with Celia but I am going to try some other things.  I put some reptiles in a clear box and put some activities in it.  I introduced it to Celia and she lasted about 10 minutes.  Audrey liked playing with the Lizards and sliding them down some toilet paper tubes.

 Today I decided to add in a new dynamic, shaving cream.  Celia loves to play with the stuff.  I buried the lizards inside.  Celia liked playing with the shaving cream more then finding the lizards but she sort of got a kick out of hiding them.
 Audrey was not a fan of the shaving cream, my little tactilly defensive kiddo.  She did enjoy playing with the lizards in her beans.  So that is what she did.

 Here is the box.  I put toilet paper tubes, binoculars, the reptiles, a container to wash and dry them, a measuring game and a ruler, a spelling sheet, and math cards to use with the reptiles




Audrey did enjoy watching me wash off the shaving cream from the reptiles because they just appear, the shaving cream disappears so fast.

No comments: