Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rough

So remember I posted awhile ago that I was going to be training to run a 1/2 marathon?  Well I do not believe I will be running it, I am back to hoping that I will racewalk it.  I think that I am setting a goal to run it in May 2014!  What has been happening?  Well I started out ok, I had a lot of energy and except for some slight knee pain I felt great.  I did a 3 mile run and afterward my left knee hurt a lot.  I rested but it never went completely away.  I purchased a knee stabilizer and started trying to racewalk more.  At this time I need to stop throwing running into my workouts at all but for some reason it has been very hard to give that up.  I did 6 miles last weekend racewalking and I felt great!  My time was better then I thought and no real pain afterward.  Fastforward to my workout yesterday.  I attempted to do a slower pace 6 mile workout and I did not feel great, energy awesome, knees and left leg hurt.  I was doing okay until I came to a corner and a car turned suddenly infront of me, I stepped out off the curb suddenly and it was almost like a whip lash effect.  I think I pulled a muscle in my left leg and it just was not a pretty picture.

I guess I do not get the pain from walking at all because I have been in shape, I have never stopped walking with the jogging stroller, double or single.  I think that I just shook things up by trying to throw running into the picture.  Now I need to get back.  As much as I do not like the idea, I know I need to take it easy this week and reassess my training.  I was happy though to look at my calendar and realize that honestly I have time.  I know I have no issue doing a minimum of 6 miles right now and I can build from there, maybe at a slower pace and then working up my speed.  I can not tell you how much happiness it has brought me to go out and do my workouts and train again.  I also can not tell you how completely frustrated I have been over the pain situation!!!  In my intense training periods, I rarely had injuries and I certainly was taking less care of myself.

So send some happy thoughts my way!!

All of this has made me feel old and Miss. Cecelia has not been helpful.

Our conversation this morning:

Celia:  Mommy, what was around before, you know time actually started
Me:  I don't know
Celia:  What??  Weren't you around then?  You are so old, you weren't around then?
Me providing a death stare and Celia going about her normal little business
Gotta Love her

No comments: