Sunday, January 22, 2012

We have been targeted

We have been hit by the "bug" the lovely stomach bug. On Tuesday I picked up Audrey from school and was surprised to find out that she was lethargic and just wanted to lie around all day. That is not Audrey. So I thought her awful cold certainly had turned into an infection. I got an evening dr's appointment and the dr thought that she might be getting an ear infection. Her ear was slightly pink. That surprised me as she had no signs, no fever, no tugging at her ear. She gave me a script for an antibiotic but suggested that we hold off for a couple days to see if she was getting better or worse. So I got her home, attempted to nurse her and I should have taken clues from her. She had not asked to nurse and kept popping off. I was frustrated because I did not want to be woken up multiple times at night because she was suddenly hungry. Well... She nursed some more and then vomited all over me and by all over me, I mean really all over me. I thought it was just the congestion and her reflux. Pete stayed home with her the next day and I decided that 10 days with the cold and vomiting warranted the start of an antibiotic. I did not even think that she had the bug on top of her cold. I did not even think about it until I picked up the girls on Thursday afternoon and arrived just as Celia had thrown up all over their little hideaway cube in her classroom. I found 3 of the afternoon girls distraught because no one was there to help clean up. But in their credit they did an awesome job, honestly they had my little girl changed and clean in no time and the rest of the kids were lined up away from it waiting to go to their indoor playground. Then I knew that Audrey likely had the bug too.
So Celia had a rough evening but slept well through the night. Around midnight I got hit, not as bad as Celia but certainly had it. So Celia and I cuddled and watched tv all day on Friday. She and I are still not 100% but should be set to go back to work and school tomorrow. Pete has not been hit yet and may not, he is very worried though! Celia has not been sick in so long that it was very hard to explain to her on Friday why she could not be around others or go to school. When she learned she could watch tv all day she was okay with staying home!

No comments: