Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lasts

I was told a week ago that October 5th will be my last day teaching my boys. They are my boys. For the past 4 years I have taught 3 of my students. when i think about leaving, it is those three that I really will look back at often. I think it is time for them to have a new teacher after 4 years with me but then I have seen them grow from little boys to almost teenagers.
I look at the students that I feel like I have not had enough time with and that frustrates me. I know it is time for me to move on and focus on my girls but change is hard. i have been so lucky to have been given the opportunity to do what i loved for so many years and get paid. I have been lucky to know that while earning an income I was also making a difference in the lives of my boys.
I have been so lucky to have worked with an amazing group of professionals who have helped me everyday and who have made me laugh everyday too. And so change is hard, i can not say it enough.
So what sparked this? Well, tonight was open house and I had to say goodbye. Attendance in our program is not fabulous so I still have some parents to tell, but at least some are done. The truth is my boys will be fine, they are resilient and they find ways to shine with anyone. The person replacing me is wonderful and they will be in good hands.
I will miss them but I am
interested in knowing what the future brings for myself and for them! Okay, that's that!

No comments: