Saturday, October 8, 2016

Life Lately

So Mom's been feeling the stress of work, life in general, and a long run of insomnia, and I have not been getting to the blog.  Luckily for my kids, especially Audrey, my biggest stress relief is spending time with them.  So on Audrey and Mom afternoons we have been busy either going somewhere or just playing.  I have neglected house work but we have had fun.  That is what is important!  On Friday we did tackle some outdoor work and we had the best time.  I introduced Audrey to wooly bears and she tried to feed one of them.  I cleared out a large bed in our back yard that was completely over run with weeds.  I also took out the out of control ornamental grass, boy to they have large roots!!  Audrey helped with one shovel and I helped with the other.   Celia and I had a wonderful Saturday morning last week going to a consignment sale, hobby lobby, getting hair cuts and going out to lunch and then to the book store.  A book store is like a toy store to Cecelia and it was hard to drag her out of it.  Barnes and Nobles has a big fan.  Oh yes and we have a new pet!  We got a fish named Beta Max.

Celia wants to be Annabeth from the Rick Riordan Percy Jackson series for Halloween.  The costume required a dagger and Amazon had a 2 pack.  So they came this week and I have used the phrase "stop stabbing your sister" a little too much.

Audrey seems to be adjusting to Kindergarten but does not provide a large amount of information.  Her teacher did let me know that "Audrey is awesome and such a good student" so theres that.  Cecelia started taking violin and praise dance.  She likes both of those activities.  Audrey likes the praise dance because the two of us play on the preschool playground together while Celia dances.  She especially likes me to crawl through the itty bitty tunnel and laughs if I get stuck.


Celia helped me out at our church rummage sale and got to stand outside to advertise the sale.  She was a pink cow!

Auds made a fairly impressive dinosaur hat the last time we went to the Natural History Museum

No comments: