Tuesday, February 24, 2015

This past weekend



On Sat I took the girls to see a Chitty Chitty bang bang preschool preview for one of our local high school musicals.  Celia and I saw Peter Pan last year at that school and it was amazing.

The preview was fairly good but Celia enjoyed it more I think then Audrey, though Audrey behaved very well and seemed to be interested.  They had no costumes on and had no microphones so it was hard to hear.  The chitty chatty bang bang vehicle was also 4 inches too big.  So it did not fit inside.

It was impressive.  For a $5 donation after the free preview, families could go in the cafeteria and have a Community day.  It was simple activities but honestly the girls had a great time.  The highschoolers had games like plinko, match box car racing, bean bag toss, face painting, tattoos, etc.  Their were prizes for everything.  I was not overly thrilled at the amount of candy given as prizes but luckily my kids forget about it quickly.

When we came home I was toying with the idea of taking Celia out to lunch and look at shoes at a shoe store that is closing.  We then made it a family event which was a good thing because as you see from the picture, we started getting snow.  Considering the temperatures have been in the single digits over the past few days, the snow stuck fast.  But we were ok.  We ate at COSI and discovered that Audrey evidently does not like peanut butter or the COSI jelly (she has never had peanut butter because I have a peanut allergy but she likes almond butter) but the kid ate my soup.  I love that soup, I was not happy about sharing.  We did accomplish getting Celia a pair of sneakers and I snuck next size up sneakers for Audrey.  If she knows, she must wear them right away.  
Can you see the temperature???  Yes that is a 3.  I got up around 6:30 to go work out on Sat.  

My crazy girl.
This poor kid has had a rough winter with various colds, bronchitis, etc.
Thursday she woke up feeling crummy and slept quite a bit.
By Friday she felt much better, it was an odd and quick little bug.





No comments: