Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Miss Celia


Celia with her teachers, Miss Donna and Miss Lauren on her last day in the 2/3 room.  I cropped out the other little girl in the picture, that is what the white spot is from!  Miss Donna told us at the beginning of the school year that we would not have the same kids at the end of the year.  Basically it was said that we were leaving our toddlers and picking up preschoolers.  Ugh, makes me so sad but so proud. 

Celia has had an eventful school year.  She became a big sister and boy was that a transition, but so far she has handled it like a champion.  She also had to adjust to going to school less days and for less time, which she only had some slight issues with.  Change is hard for everyone, but really hard when you are 3.  Celia took soccer shots this year and did very well, however I do not know if she was really blown away by the activity! 

She learned a great deal about religion this year.  Pastor Cory taught her the Easter story and Celia told us about it many times and asked and it sparked her interest in death which freaked her Daddy out a bit.  She also learned some awesome songs that I have heard 5,006 times.  She colored a ton in school and made lots of awesome crafts.  She certainly felt loved in her classroom, and it she got her share of hugs from Miss. Donna and Office Donna.

When I first dropped my peanut off at daycare when she was 1, I hated it.  My plan was to put her in school until the end of the school year and then stay home.  We would save money, I would get pregnant again, and then stay home.  I knew I would not like this situation.  Well.... things really changed.  I honestly did not worry about Celia while I was at work.  She absolutely fell in love with her classroom, her teacher, and her friends.  School really matched Celia's personality.  This school genuinely cares for the babies and big kids.  It has become part of our extended family.  It is a big part of the reason why Celia is so very bright. 

So this school year, Celia also learned to write.  She can basically write anything now and often asks "Mommy, how do you write _________ or ________"  I can just tell her the letters and she will write them.   She is starting to get more and more interested with spelling words and i hope that sparks a desire to learn how to read more words.  She was doing great with her reading, she can read the at and an family, but is not as into it right now.  I am not going to push her.  She is into numbers now and that is great because she needs work in that area.  But she is able to match numbers up to 8 with quantities and can add quantities.  She knows before, after, few, and less too.  She loves having pretend homework.  She is also getting to be a very good little artist.

She might not have loved soccer but she really does love to swim.  She has told me that she wished Ms. Hayley her swim teacher was her mother so that she could swim all day.  I did not take that to heart at all, I knew what she meant.  Celia also told me that she is smart, that even when she isn't smart, she is still smart.  Funny thing, I also knew what she meant!!  She is going to have intensive swim lessons at the end of July, every day at 4:30 for 2 weeks.  I decided that I really wanted to wear her out at the end of the day.  They are an hour long.  So hopefully Celia will be able to swim more by the time we go to the beach the last two weeks in August.

She really does still look my little baby when she is asleep.  Poor kid, she really does still need her naps!



This was on the day of her school show.  I tried to get pictures of teh two of them, neither one was cooperating very well!!

No comments: