Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beach

Celia and I were away for nearly 3 weeks!  We went to visit my Mom, sister and her family for a few days prior to heading to the Outerbanks.  Pete came down and left one day earlier then my Mom, Celia, and I for the beach.  This worked out perfect because he dealt with the beach traffic, got some time to himself and opened the house for us!  We drove down with no traffic.  Our vacation was great but the water was a bit unpredictable.  One day it was warm but rough and filled with jelly fish, the next day it would be calmer but ice cold, then we got some super rough days with no jelly fish...  I was able to get in on a few occassions, one in which it was super calm and I just floated on a tube.  I did discover that on that day it was filled with seaweed, found that out when I removed my bathing suit at the house and was covered with seaweed on my back!!

Celia loved the pool and her floats that we got her.  She warmed up to the ocean the last few days of vacation.  She didn't mind the sand though and enjoyed playing in it.  She has a cute little tan, despite lathering on a lot of SPF 50 kids sunscreen.  Celia and I also enjoys story time and a Wizard of Oz sing a long at the nearby park.  Mom and I went for daily walks with Celia in the BOB.  It was humid and we were dripping by the end, but it felt awesome to continue my workouts.  That makes pregnancy so much easier!!

I should give Celia a huge compliment as she was the best traveler I could have asked for.  She entertained her self with a music cd player, her dollies, and drawing.  Basically she talked a lot!  I have no really worries about traveling with her now.  Of course, no extended trips are planned for quite awhile!


'





Oh and 26 week belly picture.  Not impressive I guess, Pete even claims in this picture that I am pushing my belly out.  I still feel great and have no real preggo complaints!!


No comments: